- The minimum number of chapters in an edited book is 10 chapters.
- Each chapter must have not more than four (4) authors. At least one author must be an academic staff of UTM.
- The number of pages of each chapter must be proportional with regards to other chapters.
- The book is organised by a maximum of two (2) editors.
- Organising editors may contribute to a maximum of three (3) chapters only including the introductory chapter that covers all chapters in the book.
- The title of the edited book may not exceed seven (7) words and must embody all topics covered by all chapters in the book.
- Each chapter in the book must undergo a plagiarism check using the Turnitin application. The permitted similarity must be less than 20% only or 7% for each chapter.
SENDING YOUR PROPOSAL
Editors must complete the edited book proposal form together with an abstract for each chapter and the CVs of editors and panel of evaluators. Once submitted, your proposal will be evaluated by internal reviewers and you will be notified of the success of the edited book proposal.
PEER REVIEW PROCESSES
Once the proposal has been approved, editors will proceed in preparing the full-length manuscript. The full-length manuscript must follow Penerbit UTM Press’ guidelines and comply with our house style. It is the editor’s responsibility to forward the manuscript to external reviewers for evaluation. External reviewers will evaluate the manuscript and provide their feedback. Editors may be asked to revise the draft based on their recommendation, provide additional information and make other necessary changes. Before the final submission to the publisher, the manuscript must be screened for traces of plagiarism.
SUBMITTING THE FINAL BOOK MANUSCRIPT
Submission of corrected manuscript must be done using the e-Press system. Editor will be given an ID and password to login and they will upload necessary documents onto the system. Acquisition editor at Penerbit UTM Press will perform final checks of the manuscript. Penerbit UTM Press will provide a book cover with title and assign ISBN number before finally printing the hardcopy and converting it into e-book version.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ORGANISING EDITOR AT FACULTY LEVEL
- To identify the niche area of the book.
- To contribute an introductory chapter that covers the expert areas of the field as a whole and highlights the signficance of the edited book towards the development of knowledge in the field.
- To carry out editing, proofing, and typesetting of the manuscript according to the format set by Penerbit UTM Press until a camera-ready copy (CRC) is obtained.
- To ensure that every submitted manuscript has undergone a plagiarism check.
- To serve as the intermediary person and works closely with three parties throughout the publication period of the edited book
- Penerbit UTM Press.
- Chapter contributor(s).
RESPONSIBILITIES OF BOOK EDITOR TOWARDS PENERBIT UTM PRESS
- The Book Editor is responsible for submitting a proposal to Penerbit UTM Press
- Working title of the edited book.
- Introduction/summary of the edited book.
- Objectives/scope of the edited book.
- Names of suggested evaluators and their short CV.
- Abstract of each proposed chapter.
- Short CV of the book editor(s).
- To submit the camera-ready copy (CRC) of the manuscript to Penerbit UTM Press.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ORGANIZING EDITOR TOWARDS PANEL OF EVALUATORS
- To identify reviewers who are qualified based on their expertise OR possess at least a Ph.D in the relevant field.
- To submit a complete manuscript to the reviewers for evaluation.
- To monitor and ensure that t he reviewing process is completed on time according to schedule.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF BOOK EDITOR TOWARDS CONTRIBUTING AUTHORS
- To receive the proposal/abstract from chapter authors.
- To carry out an early assessment on whether to accept or reject the submitted chapter. Book editors may reject any chapters that may not reach the required standard.
- To ensure that the authors submit their complete manuscript before the deadline.
- To return the evaluated manuscript to authors for corrections.
- To ensure that the contributing authors made the corrections within the allotted time.
Penerbit UTM Press are always keen to add new titles to our growing books collection. If you are interested in publishing a title with us, please prepare your proposal together with following items:
- Proposal for Edited Book form.
- Abstract for each chapters.
- Curriculum vitae of editor(s) and panel of evaluators.
Submit your complete proposal by email to:
Zalina Pareng (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mohd Hafifi Jamal (email@example.com)